Are you insured for my safety?
– Anyone who claims to be professional should carry a liability insurance policy. I carry liability insurance.
What other spa services do offer?
– I offer clients all of the following services –
- Aromatic Reflexology which is a 60 minute session.
- The Raindrop Technique session will last 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Hand Reflexology that will be 20 minutes.
- Facial / Sinus Massage 30 minute session.
- Hot Stone Therapy 30 minutes.
- All children 12 and under – Reflexology – 30 minute session
I am a first time client, what should I expect at my appointment?
- First-time clients should arrive about 10 minutes early. This will give us extra time for our initial consultation, complete forms, have a dialogue of specific questions or concerns regarding treatment or health related issues, and time to get to know each other.
- At your initial consultation you will be warmly welcomed and asked to complete a health history form. This will help me understand your current and past health, which is important in determining what type of treatment might be appropriate and which methods of reflexology may be required for your individual needs.
- Finally during your first session I spend longer than your selected session time to familiarize myself with the anatomy of your hands and feet as each one of us is uniquely created. Since this is your first visit, I want you to feel completely comfortable with the entire process at Live It Up Spa Reflexology.
- Please ask questions and know that I am interested in your well being and I want to do all that I can to help you to improve your health.
- I prefer that you do not feel rushed or hurried since we are working as co-partners to improve your health and well being!
- Relaxation is a great part of healing so make time for yourself to enjoy your health treatment.
- If you are on a time schedule, please let me know and I will do all that I can to stay within your time frame.
- I enjoy treating people of all ages. As a result, children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by his/her parent or legal Guardian at ALL TIMES. Please be sure to make any necessary arrangements prior to making an appointments with children.
How many treatment will I need?
– The number of treatments you will need depends on your age and how long you have had a particular condition. Existing conditions and illnesses usually take time to arise and develop so you should not expect to get better overnight. The average client has on average six to eight treatments before significant changes begin taking place. Many people find it beneficial to have regular treatments to sustain good health and wellbeing.
Regular maintenance will keep your body in balance and in health condition.
A reflexologist does not diagnose, treat a specific illness, prescribe or recommend medications, does not suggest clients to stop medication or predict any illness. It is recommended to always check with you physician first.
Can Reflexology make a condition worse?
– Reflexology can do no harm although please remember that Reflexology is NOT recommended for the following conditions:
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) as it could cause the blood clot to begin circulating throughout the body and could potentially cause serious or life threatening complications.
- Transplant patients-steroids are given to patients to suppress the immune system to prevent rejection of the organ. Reflexology will stimulate the immune system and could possibly Contradict medical treatment
- Diabetes. If insulin is being given, treatment can activate the pancreas causing the level of insulin given to be reduced
- First Trimester Pregnancy-Mothers-to-be should avoid reflexology during this time to avoid the chance of miscarriage or spontaneous abortion
- Any Mother-to-be experiencing a troubled pregnancy or Pre-eclampsia should avoid reflexology and if currently experiencing symptoms contact your OB/GYN or call 911 immediately.
- Patients who have been advised by their treating physician to temporarily cease reflexology treatment (for example, MRSA Staph Infection, cellulitis (an acute infection which causes swelling, redness, heat, pain, malaise, fever and headaches), contagious rashes (poison ivy, poison oak, measles, chicken pox, mumps) and other illnesses under medical treatment
- Severe ankle and foot edema which may need to be evaluated and treated by a physician:
a) May be related to kidney disease
b) May be related to congestive heart failure
However caution should be taken under the following conditions during reflexology treatments:
- Varicose veins
- Recent Surgery
- Sprain or strain
- Inflamed joints (i.e. Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Open Wounds
- Painful condition:
B) Ingrown toenail
- Infectious conditions – Fungus
- Toenail Fungus
- Athletes Foot
Other restrictions are those determined by the receiver’s pain threshold and their personal reactions to touch and massage. Generally speaking, the elderly with no specific complaints, children and babies tend to be very receptive to therapeutic touch and stimuli and become relaxed more quickly.
Since no two people are the same what may benefit one individual may not have the same result for another. Reflexology is of multiple benefit as it reaches the receiver on several possible levels; physical, mental and spiritual.
Do you offer gift certificates that I can give to others as a gift?
- Live It Up Spa does offers gift certificates which make wonderful gifts for family, friends or that hard to buy for person.
- They can also make unique and thoughtful gifts for occasions such as Birthdays, Christmas, Chanukah, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Retirement, Secretaries Day, Boss’s Day, Bridal Shower Gift and Bridal Party Favors, Baby Shower Gift (for the expecting parents).
Do you abide by any Code of Ethics?
– Absolutely! I am adhere to the following Code of Ethics. For your consideration and protection I have provided them below:
Code of Ethics:
1. It is with determination and dedication that the Live It Up Spa and its employees achieve the goal of maintaining a standard of excellence in all that we do.
2. Our clients’ well being shall always come first.
3. We shall be dedicated to providing competent service with respect, compassion and honesty for everyone seeking our holistic health treatments and we shall deal with others as we ourselves wish to be dealt with.
4. We shall acknowledge our limitations and shall not attempt to diagnose bodily maladies but shall endeavor to work with all health care professionals to provide appropriate care in the best interest of the individual client.
5. We shall recognize the responsibility to comply with the requirements of all governing laws. Willful disobedience to the law shall result in immediate revocation of membership status and all accompanying privileges.
6. Anyone failing to abide by the Code of Ethics shall be answerable to the owner of Live It Up Spa.